Dzil Yijiin Food Sovereignty Project
The Dzil Yijiin Food Sovereignty Project vision is to restore and strengthen the local food systems on the Black Mesa (Dzil Yijiin) region, which is comprised of seven Navajo communities. The following goals will help us move towards our vision:
1. Restore corn fields and watersheds that support farmlands
2. Support farmers with plowing services and water hauling for fields
3. Continue to grow local heirloom seeds for community distribution
4. Organize workshops and presentations for continued learning around Food Sovereignty
5. Collaborate/expand network with communities, organizations, individuals in rebuilding local food systems.
Year(s) Awarded: 2021