20 Q’s with Fadi J. Khoury of FJK Dance Inc.
My biggest Hero in the dance world is William Forsyth.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a dancer but also wanted to be a musician, a painter, and/or an architect.
3. If you could tell Trump one thing, what would it be?
4. What is one thing you wish the general public knew about your work?
My work is for everyone, creating through dance a medium where differences can connect, live together, and create harmony.
5. If funding were no object, what would you do?
My dream is to have a venue – the FJK Dance Center – with facilities like, theatre, studios, and an art exhibition space all in one interconnected space. It would provides an open view and welcoming experience to get closer to the art and it would be big enough for public daily presence!
6. How do you get through a tough day?
The moment I listen to music I dream and dance and create no matter what and that’s the best reason for me to live.
7. What is the strongest asset of your community?
8. Who do you call when something wonderful happens?
My Mother 🙂
9. If you weren’t doing this kind of work, what would you be doing?
I would be dead.
10. What did you eat for dinner last night?
Grilled Chicken wrap.
11. If you could give $10,000 to any organization besides your own, which would it be?
12. What do you think is the greatest social issue of our time?
13. What do you think is the greatest environmental issue of our time?
14. How have you changed the world?
By taking the risk to create a unique fusion in cultures through dance and open up the public’s eye on Middle Eastern heritage and culture in a new and peaceful way that helps inspire more connection and conversation.
15. What’s your personal motto?
Never give up.
16. What makes you the most angry?
17. When do you feel the most hopeful?
After a new creation.
18. What makes you the most happy?
19. What was the last gift you gave someone?
20. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
To learn about Fadi’s incredible career and journey click here.